WFO Hard Enduro Series Round 4 will consist of 2 Stages, held at the South Coast Bike Fest in Margate, KZN on the 27 April 2019.
STAGE ONE (2.2km)
GPS: 30°52'14.3"S 30°21'57.5"
STAGE TWO (± 35km)
GPS: 30°57'51.1"S 30°12'26.8"E
KwaXolo spectator point
GPS: 30°53'09.4"S 30°11'42.3"E
All you Need to know about the Margate WFO Enduro
- 6h00 - Documentation and Scrutineering. At the start of Round the houses ( GPS GPS: 30°52'14.3"S 30°21'57.5") *** GPS to be handed in for loading of the route which you can collect at the start of stage 2
- 7h30 - All Bikes in Parc Ferme with riders ready to race
- 7h45- Riders Briefing
- 8h00 - Racing Stage 1 - Round the Houses: Race of 3 laps with one sighting lap will start at 8h00 in the following class order:
- Open Class
- 200 Class
- 125 & Senior Classes
- Clubmans & WOW
- Junior Class
- 10h00 - Travel and set up pits at the Start/Finish area at Kwanzimakwe viewpoint ( GPS: 30°57'51.1"S 30°12'26.8"E)
- 11h00 - Racing stage 2 Start. Lap is approximately 35 km GPS route (limited marking)
with a halfway midpoint spectator area for great viewing and
entertainment. Number of laps to be determined at riders briefing with
all regional classes doing an untimed/sighting lap for their first lap.
Clubmans and WOW class will start 15 minutes after the regional classes
racing their laps from the start.
- 11h00 -16h00 - The race will continue between this
time where there will a number of entertainment items taking place at
the start/finish pits and the halfway point at Kwazolo .
- Spectators can travel to Kwazolo spectator point which should take 20 minutes for the 23km trip between the start/finish and the Kwazolo halfway point.
- Food and refreshments will be on sale at the start/finish
- 18h00 - Prize giving will take place a the Margate
Village Pier Rock stage. Each rider and pit crew will get a passes for
the South Coast Bike Fest at Registration
**Note to riders and crew for Round the Houses : Riders and pit crew
are encouraged to park in the designated parking (with security to keep
your stuff safe) in Marine drive and take their bike straight to Parc
Ferme. There is no pit area at Round The Houses. When completed their
race they should load their bikes and head straight to the start of
racing stage 2, where the pits for the day will be.Round the house will
be much the same as the historic Roof of Africa Round the houses.
Please remember to bring along your MSA License, POP, Self Scrutineering
Forms, GPS. Need a Self Scrutineering Form? We have you covered HERE
- There will be stampers on Route, if you don’t have a card holder, they will be on sale at Registration.
- Licences will be checked at registration, ensure you have a copy for in your bag while riding.
- Proof of payment – Copy on your phone is acceptable – Just in Case!
- Scrutineering forms need to be submitted at
registration, Scrutineers will be doing their thing at the race on the
Saturday. They will be checking that the affirmations indicated on the
scrutineering form are in place and that there is compliance with all
the requirements of the SSR’s and SR’s, this includes each rider having
an environmat to refuel on and a 2.5kg fire extinguisher.
- WOW Licences may only be purchased from MSA online. www.msaonlie.co.za WOW riders must provide proof of medical aid membership that is to be kept in the rides bag while competing. See a MSA’s Presentation: “How to purchase a WOW licence online”. Open in Slides
- Refuse bags will be available at registration, if you brought it with you, please take it home with you.
- An event evaluation form is to be completed
at the end of your race. Please find a form at the sign out table at
Race Control on the day.
Entries and Race day Information
- Entries at : Race Control
- If you are unsure if you are going to make
it to the event, enter in any case. Your entry can easily be removed if
not required. All information is available on the WFO Hard Enduro web
Each pit requires an environmat and a 2.5kg fire extinguisher.
Ensure you use a refuse bag and take all rubbish home with you at the end of the day.